Keeping Christmas {Holiday Rice Warmers}

 "I will honor Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all the year long!" ~Charles Dickens

Hello and Welcome to November's installment of my Keeping Christmas 2017 series! Today I am sharing one of my holiday classics; the rice warmer. I had some flannel left over from last year's bags, so I figured I would whip some up to share with all of you! I particularly love making these for Christmas gifts because they are aren't gender specific and come in handy for anyone! I literally cannot get through the Winter months without keeping one of these handy! I use it in my bed, or just when I am sitting down relaxing watching a movie or reading! I just love them!


I plan on packaging these up with a canister of Hot Coca wrapped in cellophane! They look so festive under the Christmas tree until they are ready to be gifted! To begin, cut your flannel 7 1/2 inches by 9 1/2 inches. With right sides together, sew around the entire perimeter of the fabric, leaving a 3 inch opening for turning it out and filling it with rice! I use a plastic funnel from The Pampered Chef to funnel my rice into the bags. Pin the opening closed and sew it shut! It's as easy as that! So easy, yet such a great gift!

I was 100 % inspired by the fair isle print in the red and grey flannel so I created coordinating tags for when I package them up! You can read more about those over on my Papercrafting blog Flutter by Atomicbutterfly If you are interested in seeing my other "Keeping Christmas" projects that I have worked on throughout the year, look on  my sidebar for the "Keeping Chrismtas" label, click on it and it will take you to ALL of the posts! I have a few other sewn projects that I am hoping to tackle before Christmas so stay tuned!

Comments

Popular Posts