Sweet Divinity Baby Bib

Hello! It's me again! Shocking I know, but here nonetheless! I am excited to share the baby bib I worked on yesterday. I used the scraps from my quilt from my last post to make a quick bib. It is the same as all of my Cute as a button as far as the squares being constructed, but I made a few changes on this one. Since I am right in the middle of putting bibs on my little one at least 3 times a day, I decided to add a snap for the closure. I usually put double fold bias tape and have a tie, but sometimes you are just in a hurry, baby is cranky and tying a bow is the last thing that you want to do. I hope that the snap holds us. I used the Prym-Dritz snap system and I have had trouble before on another project, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that the snap will hold up!

I also changed things up and did the decorative stitching vertical, rather than on the diagonal. I chose to do it this way simply because of the pattern of the fabric that I ended up using right in the middle. I didn't want to compete with the diagonal pattern that was already going on. I added a felt flower and a button, which I know is a choking hazard, but I will tell her that she can clip it off if she feels like she needs to. I didn't tack it down to tight, so it be easy to clip it off. I just couldn't resist! The flower die, felt and Buttons are all from Papertrey Ink.


I made a card to match the bib and quilt! I just couldn't resist! I had already made her a card, but after it was all said and done, I had to make one to coordinate! I will be working on some Onesies next, which I will share when I am done!



If you would like more details about the card, you can visit me here. Have a great day and Happy Sewing!!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
That is the most ADORABLE bib and matching card ever!!!!! I really, really like it!!!!

Popular Posts