Cash and Carry coin purse


My friend celebrated her birthday last month and I wanted to make her one of these cute coin purses for her gift. I had gotten her a gift card to one of our favorite fabric stores, so I thought it would be fun to package it up in a handmade sewn creation. I also added some gum, lip gloss and hand sanitizer!

The pattern is called "Cash and Carry" from Atkinson Designs. I purchased it last year, but I am sure you can still find it. The pattern itself has the instructions for four different coin purses, which is nice. I decided to go for the largest of the four purses so that I could fit more "gift" inside. I thought that this size would be useful for my friend as well.

What I really like about this pattern is that you quilt as you go and while you are working on the outside, you are working on the inside as well. It is perfect for a gal like me who doesn't have a ton of time. I try and work on things like this while the babies are napping, but they inevitably wake up before I am done!



If you know me, than you know that I like to have my gifts follow a theme and match somewhat, so for this gift, I made a "sewing" type card as well. I had a lot of fun with the whole ensemble and I hope that she enjoys it as well. When I got this, I got another pattern that I can't wait to try. I will share it when I get it done. I have actually sewn a few other items that I will try and get posted as well.

Comments

Popular Posts