Non-traditional baby ensemble

 There has been so many baby girls being born lately, but I am not complaining in the least because that means I get to make fun baby gifts! It is one of my favorite things to do!  I had a lot of fun creating this non-traditional baby girl ensemble for Emma's dance teacher's grand-daughter.  They threw a baby shower for the mommy-to-be at the studio on Saturday, but I couldn't go. I hope she likes it.  I made a few more things, but because of time constraints, I didn't get them photographed. I made a super cute changing pad with a pocket for diaper and wipes. I also made a little minky lovey for the baby to snuggle up to.
 Of course no baby ensemble by me would be complete without a bib.  The fabrics that I chose for the entire ensemble were Little Black Dress by BasicGrey for Moda.  I thought it was funny that I ended up picking a fabric line that was originally a paper line. I tried to find the paper so that I could use it on the card, but it wasn't to be. I thought what I ended up with worked nicely anyway.
 Can I just say....the shoes were sooooo much fun to make! I am seriously addicted. Now all mommies to be of baby girls will be getting a bib and pair (or two) of shoes!  Once I was done making them, I couldn't stop looking at them.  I tried jamming them onto Rhys's foot, but they didn't fit. It was like Cinderella's step-sisters trying to put the glass slipper on.
 For this particular pair, I made the lining different than the outside. I thought it gave them a little something extra.  For the toe detail, I made a ruffled rosette with a gem for the center.  I used fabric glue and a little hot glue to get it all stuck down. The mommy might need to be careful to make sure her baby doesn't take it off and eat it.
 I made the black pair first and thought I couldn't make anything cuter, but these are rivaling them in my opinion.  I kept the lining and the outside the same fabric, but rather than making a fabric tie, I used some of my favorite ribbon. It kept with the theme and added just the right touch.  I would love it if I received these as gifts.
 The toe detail on these were premade embellishments from Prima flowers. I thought they were the perfect addition.
 Here is a little snapshot of the card. If you would like more information you can check it out on my papercrafting blog here . I really liked how it turned out and because it was such a "non-baby" baby card, it was fun to make. It was almost like I was making a wedding card with baby images.
 This was a simple bow headband made out of wide grosgrain ribbon. I used another one of the prima flower embellishments in the center. Easy peasy, but super cute!
 Head band #2. The photograph makes it hard to see the cute detail. It is a felt flower with a rhinestone in the middle.
For this headband, I used some pleated satin ribbon. Again, I used a pre-made embellishment for the center to keep things cohesive.  Like I said before, I had so much fun making everything for this gift! Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Anonymous said…
So I must ask, do you make the shoes for sale? Love them!
Kelly Lunceford said…
I will have to check the pattern that I used to see if I am able to sell them. If so, I would love to put a few on my blog for sale. I will keep everyone informed.
Jenny said…
Wow- AMazing!!! Could you share which pattern you used for the shoes? my SIL is having a hard time finding baby shoes to fit her little one and stay on- I think these would be perfect:)

Popular Posts