Skip to main content

Seeing Double

 You are probably saying to yourself, "Wait...didn't I already see this stuff?". All of this was made using the left over fabric from two other baby ensembles. One of the moms at my daughter's dance studio is expecting a girl, so I wanted to make her some baby things.  We were also headed to a service auction at church the same day, so I made two of everything, except the changing pad. I didn't end up by having enough fabric for two. I gave the one that I did have made to the auction since it was for a good cause.  Each ensemble included a tissue holder, a bib, shoes and three headbands. You can see all of the varieties in this photo. I didn't take individual photos of all of them.



 You all know how fond I am of making these shoes, but I wanted to show you some differences that you can make to change the whole feel. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough of the fabric that I used for the outside of the shoe so I couldn't make the toe embellishment like I normally do. In this case, I just used some premade embellishments from Prima Flowers.






On these shoes, you can see that I used a premade embellishment as well, but  I also changed the ribbon. It totally gives them a different feel.
 This is one of my favorite headbands and in the end, I made one the next day for one of the gals who was at the auction. She didn't end up by winning the basket, but she really wanted the headband so I quickly whipped one up for her.





 I made this headband using felt and a rolled flower die from "My Favorite Things" stamp company.






 You can see it here in red.
This is everything all packaged up, including the card that I made. If you want to see it closer you can check it out HERE. I chose one item to work on per day, which helped a lot since I was making two of everything. I made all of the headbands in one day, since they are the fastest and funnest! Have a great day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dots and Damask Rag Quilt

As promised, here are the photos of the rag quilt that I made for my baby. It has been sitting here done for over a week now, but the sky has been so hazy that getting a good photograph has proven to be tough. Today, the sun has peeked through for a while so I took the opportunity to snap a few photos.
I have a bajillion blankets from my oldest, but of course the new baby needs new things that are just for him. I had a lot of fun sewing this and picking the fabrics. I asked the sales lady at the quilt shop if the patterns looked too girly and she assured me that they didn't. Now that it is done, I don't think it looks girly. They had the same fabrics but with pink and brown and I am itching to make a girl one as well. I don't know of anyone who is having a girl, but I could always make it and save it for the next baby girl.
This particular quilt is 8 squares across by 8 squares down, rather than the 9 that I normally do. I was one square off from having enough to do 9, …

Corduroy Rag Quilt

I can't believe it has been over a year since I have posted anything here. The funny thing is that the project I am sharing today is also a rag quilt. My SIL is having a baby girl in the next week or 2, so I wanted to get some things made for her before I began on my own baby projects. I am hoping to post a bit more here since I have some fun projects lined up to make. I don't know what it is about babies that gets me motivated to sew. I also have a few Holiday projects that I am hoping to get done as well.

I purchased this baby wale corduroy a couple of months ago at Hobby and Lobby and fell in love. I wasn't sure how well it would work up into a rag quilt, but the results were fabulous. As I mentioned in my previous post, flannel has a tendency to pill, which drives me nuts. The corduroy is just as soft and perfect as it was prior to washing. The only "complaint" I have with the corduroy is the mess that it makes. I was covered in tiny pieces of fabric, my craf…

The {Flutterby} Basket

I've been having so much fun making all kinds of Easter and Spring projects! I whipped up a whole bunch of carrot treat boxes that you can see HERE. After I was done, I really wanted some type of basket to put them in. My sweet friend made me a really cute fabric basket years ago. I had asked her if I could have the pattern and she told me she had gotten it off of Pinterest. I decided that it would just be easier to come up with something myself. There are many different versions of this type of fabric container, but this is my version. I have included a tutorial if you'd like to make one yourself. I'm calling it The {Flutterby} Basket.
I'm planning on giving these to friends and family  filled with all kinds of Easter goodies, including my carrot treat boxes {of course}.
I had so much fun putting them together and they are perfect to hold all kinds of things! 







My tree has blossomed and it was the perfect backdrop to photograph a few of the different fabric combinations.

I…