Sewn with love




There's something about sewing for babies that makes me so happy...that's probably why I do it so much! I had the opportunity to host a baby shower for one of Emma's dance teachers that also happens to have moved to our neighborhood. If you'd like to see the coordinating paper crafts that I made to finish the ensemble off, you can see them here at Flutter by Atomicbutterfly.
Because this is a particularly busy time of year, I had a lot of other commitments going on all at once. I really wanted to make her a quilt, but didn't have time for anything complicated. I searched on Pinterest for "simple baby quilts" and the results boasted quite a few with just strips of fabric! They were all darling, too, so I knew I'd found a winner!
I had enough left over fabric to make a bib, which is always a staple in my handmade gift ensembles. 
I was also thrilled for a new release stamp set from PTI ink to finish off all of the packaging. I was feeling like my "packaging" was beginning to become stale. Aren't these "sewn with love" tags darling?
Of course a binkie clip would be included. These are so fast and fun to make and mom's can ALWAYS use them. I simply take a 4 inch wide strip of fabric and press it in half, fold each side into the center and press again. Fold that in half and sew up each side. Attach suspender clip hardware and velcro at the other end and you're done! If you're short on time, just whip up one of these with package of pacifiers and you're done! I buy my supender hardware in bulk on amazon so I always have some on hand.
Once again, the new Made with Love stamp set came in to play. I was able to stamp a quick sentiment for the shoe packaging. So fast and easy.
Here are the shoes that I can't resist making. I added a little bit of a different treatment to the toe embellishment by making tiny little bows. So sweet and charming.
I've said it a hundred times...the headbands are always one of my favorites. They are like little pieces of art.
This particular set used a lot of felt flowers which are always fun to make. The one at the top is hard to see, but I also added a little cluster of custom buttons for something different.

Comments

Jeanne said…
Oh gosh, I didn't fully appreciate all you did on your other post. These projects are so beautiful and amazing! Your daughter's teacher was beyond blessed and thrilled I'm sure. What a labor of love. Thank you so much for sharing! Did you sleep at all last week?
TeresaC said…
Kelly, you are brilliant at your projects and packaging!! Do you happen to have a tutorial for your bibs?

Popular Posts