Halloween {Flutterby} Baskets

Happy  Halloween! I hope you all have a frighteningly good time tonight and be SAFE!!! I've had so much fun doing all of my Halloween papercrafting and sewing! Today I am sharing some of my {Flutterby} baskets that will be headed to my boys' teachers today! I've packaged them up with all kind of fun Halloween goodies!

I have a tutorial on these baskets that you can see HERE. These have been so fun to make for different occasions. I have some plans for some holiday ones as well. I can't wait to go fabric shopping!

I got very lucky by picking my fabrics last minute because they had a huge selection and they were ALL 50 % off! Sometimes the early bird DOESN'T get the worm! LOL! I chose fabrics that appealed to me rather than keeping in "collections". I feel like these all work well together and represent my favorite Halloween aesthetic. 

I asked for a yard each of the orange and black pom-poms hoping that I would be able to incorporate them somehow! I think they turned out so cute! The orange ones had enough of an edge that I could easily sew them on as I was doing my finishing stitches, but the black ones required hot glue!

Working with directional specific fabric can get tricky when you used it for the bottom piece. For instance, the pumpkins are right side up in the front, but in the back they are upside down. I knew that would happen going in, but if you don't want that to happen, stick to the directional fabrics for the top pieces.

Of course there is lots of papercrafty goodness which you can see HERE! Enjoy! Thanks for stopping by today!

Comments

jan metcalf said…
So adorable! Thanks for sharing Kelly!
TeresaC said…
Fantastic Kelly!!! LOVE your projects! :)

Popular Posts