As promised, here are the photos of the rag quilt that I made for my baby. It has been sitting here done for over a week now, but the sky has been so hazy that getting a good photograph has proven to be tough. Today, the sun has peeked through for a while so I took the opportunity to snap a few photos.
I have a bajillion blankets from my oldest, but of course the new baby needs new things that are just for him. I had a lot of fun sewing this and picking the fabrics. I asked the sales lady at the quilt shop if the patterns looked too girly and she assured me that they didn't. Now that it is done, I don't think it looks girly. They had the same fabrics but with pink and brown and I am itching to make a girl one as well. I don't know of anyone who is having a girl, but I could always make it and save it for the next baby girl.
This particular quilt is 8 squares across by 8 squares down, rather than the 9 that I normally do. I was one square off from having enough to do 9, so rather than going and buying more fabric, I just made the quilt a little smaller. Since I used 4 fabrics, the lady at the quilt shop recommended that I just get 3/4 of a yard of each rather than the full yard I get when I use 3 fabrics, but it ended up by not being enough by one tiny square! Go figure! Oh well. It is large enough for my needs since my baby is no doubt going to be a little peanut! LOL! I have some other projects that I finished this week that I will be sharing as well.