Ahoy, Little Sailor!

 I have so much fun creating handmade items for baby showers. It seems like I go to ALOT! It seems like it has been girl after girl lately, but I finally needed a boy gift. One of Emma's dance teachers had a sweet baby boy. I purchased two little outfits that would look adorable with a bow tie and some booties to make it *squeal* worthy!  There is just something about making baby boys look like little gentlemen that is so precious.
 I have experimented with different bow tie techniques over the years and finally came up with something that works the best for me. If you are interested in a bow tie tutorial, let me know and I can put one together.  I chose some fun nauticalish fabric that looks great with the two outfits. I packaged it up so it would have a nice a boutique feel.
 You all know how much I love making baby girl shoes but for boys, I really haven't done any. I bought some patterns at Hobby Lobby a few years ago, but haven't even cracked it open. I decided that I would take the easy route and purchase the PTI baby bootie die cuts. Easy, Peasy and I love how they look! This was my first pair so I kept things SIMPLE so that I could get the hang of it. The only embellishment is the anchor buttons that I picked up at Hobby Lobby 2 years ago.  I'm sure they still have them.
I am excited to keep making more of these sweet booties, boy OR girl! I did another post here where I talked a little bit more about the paper projects if you are interested! Have a wonderful spring day!

Comments

katrynka said…
I'd love a bow tie tutorial!!! I have a nautical baby shower to attend in September, so I am going to Pin this post!!!

Popular Posts