Skip to main content

Ahoy, Little Sailor!

 I have so much fun creating handmade items for baby showers. It seems like I go to ALOT! It seems like it has been girl after girl lately, but I finally needed a boy gift. One of Emma's dance teachers had a sweet baby boy. I purchased two little outfits that would look adorable with a bow tie and some booties to make it *squeal* worthy!  There is just something about making baby boys look like little gentlemen that is so precious.
 I have experimented with different bow tie techniques over the years and finally came up with something that works the best for me. If you are interested in a bow tie tutorial, let me know and I can put one together.  I chose some fun nauticalish fabric that looks great with the two outfits. I packaged it up so it would have a nice a boutique feel.
 You all know how much I love making baby girl shoes but for boys, I really haven't done any. I bought some patterns at Hobby Lobby a few years ago, but haven't even cracked it open. I decided that I would take the easy route and purchase the PTI baby bootie die cuts. Easy, Peasy and I love how they look! This was my first pair so I kept things SIMPLE so that I could get the hang of it. The only embellishment is the anchor buttons that I picked up at Hobby Lobby 2 years ago.  I'm sure they still have them.
I am excited to keep making more of these sweet booties, boy OR girl! I did another post here where I talked a little bit more about the paper projects if you are interested! Have a wonderful spring day!

Comments

katrynka said…
I'd love a bow tie tutorial!!! I have a nautical baby shower to attend in September, so I am going to Pin this post!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Dots and Damask Rag Quilt

As promised, here are the photos of the rag quilt that I made for my baby. It has been sitting here done for over a week now, but the sky has been so hazy that getting a good photograph has proven to be tough. Today, the sun has peeked through for a while so I took the opportunity to snap a few photos.
I have a bajillion blankets from my oldest, but of course the new baby needs new things that are just for him. I had a lot of fun sewing this and picking the fabrics. I asked the sales lady at the quilt shop if the patterns looked too girly and she assured me that they didn't. Now that it is done, I don't think it looks girly. They had the same fabrics but with pink and brown and I am itching to make a girl one as well. I don't know of anyone who is having a girl, but I could always make it and save it for the next baby girl.
This particular quilt is 8 squares across by 8 squares down, rather than the 9 that I normally do. I was one square off from having enough to do 9, …

Corduroy Rag Quilt

I can't believe it has been over a year since I have posted anything here. The funny thing is that the project I am sharing today is also a rag quilt. My SIL is having a baby girl in the next week or 2, so I wanted to get some things made for her before I began on my own baby projects. I am hoping to post a bit more here since I have some fun projects lined up to make. I don't know what it is about babies that gets me motivated to sew. I also have a few Holiday projects that I am hoping to get done as well.

I purchased this baby wale corduroy a couple of months ago at Hobby and Lobby and fell in love. I wasn't sure how well it would work up into a rag quilt, but the results were fabulous. As I mentioned in my previous post, flannel has a tendency to pill, which drives me nuts. The corduroy is just as soft and perfect as it was prior to washing. The only "complaint" I have with the corduroy is the mess that it makes. I was covered in tiny pieces of fabric, my craf…

The {Flutterby} Basket

I've been having so much fun making all kinds of Easter and Spring projects! I whipped up a whole bunch of carrot treat boxes that you can see HERE. After I was done, I really wanted some type of basket to put them in. My sweet friend made me a really cute fabric basket years ago. I had asked her if I could have the pattern and she told me she had gotten it off of Pinterest. I decided that it would just be easier to come up with something myself. There are many different versions of this type of fabric container, but this is my version. I have included a tutorial if you'd like to make one yourself. I'm calling it The {Flutterby} Basket.
I'm planning on giving these to friends and family  filled with all kinds of Easter goodies, including my carrot treat boxes {of course}.
I had so much fun putting them together and they are perfect to hold all kinds of things! 







My tree has blossomed and it was the perfect backdrop to photograph a few of the different fabric combinations.

I…