Cutie Patootie baby gift ensemble

 I know, I know...you are probably saying to yourself," Another baby set?"  Yes! There have been a ton of babies born around here and they have all been girls, but one. I didn't even get a chance to photograph the baby boy ensemble. It was cute though. I have one in the works for a mom at Emma's dance class who just had a baby boy, so stay tuned if you are sick of girl stuff!  Anyway, this particular ensemble was made back in October and I am just now getting it posted.
And yes...I am addicted to these shoes.  They are so fun to make. You can see from these two examples that you can make the lining different or the same. I like making it different for some extra detail, but in reality, the baby's foot would hide it anyway, so you could do whatever you like.
Every baby gift ensemble need some headbands. I like making an assortment of colors and patterns so that the mom can have some variety. I do worry, however, when I use fabric, that it won't match with anything that they have for the baby. I was thrilled to see the top headband on the baby that recieved these last month. I was admiring how cute it was and it took me a minute to realize that I made it! I know...I am crazy! She also wore the little pink one when she was blessed, which made me feel good, too.
The changing pad is so easy to make and super useful. It folds up so that you can tuck it in your purse, diaper bag, or whatever and have a clean place to change your baby. The thing I like about this particular one is that one side is oil cloth/vinyl coated fabric and the other is regular cotton.  The slick side can be wiped with a sanitizing wipe and you are good to go. I am such a germ-a-phobe, so things like that make me happy.  It is bound like a quilt, if you were wondering.  They have such cute vinyl coated fabric now that making cute changing pads will be addicting, too!
This bib is like the ones I always make, but using different fabrics can change the whole feel.




Here is the quick card that I made to go with the gift. I didn't have any paper that worked, so I just copied the fabric on my printer for the perfect match! I also made a little fabric flower for the card as well, to really pull it together. I hope you enjoyed this baby set.

Comments

Popular Posts