Rasberry and Olive Car Seat Canopy and shoes

 It has been a while since I have made a car seat cover/canopy.  There is a gal in the neighborhood who I noticed didn't have one for her carseat. I didn't know if she didn't like them, didn't have one, or just hadn't gotten around to getting one, so I decided to make her one.  I found all of the fabric and trim at Hobby Lobby. I like their selection of big and bold patterns for projects like this.  The inside lining, which I forgot to take a picture of, is the same polka-dot fabric as the shoes.
 I used my own infant seat as a guide for all of the measurements including the placement of the handles. I was so thrilled to see that she had a Graco carseat as well and the handles were in the same place! I purchased 1 and 1/4 yard but ended up using a little less. I used the scraps for the handles. I didn't want  it to be too big and have it drag on the floor. Yuck!  I fell in love with the trim and I was so glad it worked so well with the fabric I chose.
I did mention that I was obsessed with making these shoes. They will be a must have for all of my baby shower gifts from now on.  They are seriously addicting.  I made a headband as well, but didn't get it photographed since I made this the day I ended up getting the flu. I was glad I had already gotten it done. The shoes were made through bouts of delirium, cold sweats and fatigue, but they got done!  Have a great day and enjoy the on-set of Spring! I know I am!

Comments

Popular Posts